Diving with "HARPY"
For diving groups and clubs, HARPY at is particularly well suited for diving charters. There are very many accessible wrecks off Kinsale. From the shallow dives onto the City to Chicago for beginners to the wreck of the mighty Lusitania for licensed technical divers, there is something for every skill level to be explored - all from the wonderful base that is Kinsale on the souther Irish coast.
HARPY is designed for Diving:
- Stern door.
- Dive platform & ladder.
- Speed: 20kts
- Max Divers: 12 + 2 boat crew
- Toilet/Head: Yes
- Cabin Heating
- Hydraulic capstan
HARPY also has available specialist survey equipment when required including:-
- Magnetometer - proton precession type.
- Sealion remotely operated vehicle (ROV) - 1 x CCTV camera, 6 x thrusters, 4 x 100w lights, 500' depth rated.
- Side scan sonars x 2=3 (1 x dual frequency HDS high definition sonar (digital), 1 x triple frequency sonar (digital), 1 x low frquency sonar (analog) )
- dGPS and WAAS plotter
- Separate NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 circuits.
- Survey equipment and software
We are happy to talk to all diving parties and will tailor the day's charter to suit your needs. We offer very competitive rates. Please contact us to arrange details. Diving parties will need to bring their own diving equipment. However, we can arrange bottle refills.
Three well known wrecks at the Old Head of Kinsale are that of the City of Chicago, the 70-gun third rated ship of the line HMS Stillorgan and also that of the Albion. Both are on the west side. There are many more...
Fáilte ar bórd!